- Total length - 185 mm.
- Mantle length to mantle opening - 57 mm.
- Mantle width at base of fins - 58 mm.
- finspan - 130 mm.
- Fin length - 32 mm.
- Fin width - 24 mm.
- Eye diameter - 12 mm.
- Length, Arm I - 125 mm.
- Length, Arm II - 120 mm.
- Length, Arm III - 110 mm.
- Length, Arm IV - 95 mm.
- Web depth, Sector A - 70 mm.
- Web depth, Sector B - 60 mm.
- Web depth, Sector D - 55 mm.
- Web depth, Sector E - 35 mm
- Sucker count - 55 - 60*
- Diameter largest sucker - 2.5 mm.
- Length of longest cirrus - 4* mm.
- Location of largest suckers - Sucker positions 10 - 28*.
Grimpoteuthis plena MeasurementsRichard E. Young
Verrill, A.E. 1885. Third catalog of Mollusca recently added to the fauna of the New England coast and the adjacent parts of the Atlantic, consisting mostly of deep-sea species with notes on others previously recorded. Transactions of the Connecticut Academy, 6(2): 395-452.
Collins, M. A. 2003. The genus Grimpoteuthis (Octopoda: Grimpoteuthidae) in the North-east Atlantic, with descriptions of three new species. In press.
About This Page
University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI, USA
Page copyright © 2003
Page: Tree of Life Grimpoteuthis plena Measurements Authored by Richard E. Young. The TEXT of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License - Version 3.0. Note that images and other media featured on this page are each governed by their own license, and they may or may not be available for reuse. Click on an image or a media link to access the media data window, which provides the relevant licensing information. For the general terms and conditions of ToL material reuse and redistribution, please see the Tree of Life Copyright Policies.