- Ishakidris ascitaspis
- Phalacromyrmex fugax
- Pilotrochus besmerus
CharacteristicsThe Phalacromyrmecini shares the following synapomorphies with the other members of the dacetine tribe group (Bolton 2003):
- Head anterior to antennnal sockets strongly narrowed from side to side
- Masticatory margins of mandibles oppose but do not overlap when mandibles fully closed
- Trigger hairs on labrum or mandible
- Specialized labral shape
- Preocular carina present
- Dentition alternating between small and large teeth from base to apex; main teeth larger toward the base, the basal tooth usually largest
- Katepisternum with oblique groove/impression that extends from posterior margin of the mesopleural gland towards metapleuron
Bolton, B. 1984. Diagnosis and relationships of the myrmicine ant genus Ishakidris gen. n. Systematic Entomology 9: 373-382.
Bolton, B. 1994. Identification Guide to the Ant Genera of the World. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
Bolton, B. 1995. A New General Catalogue of the Ants of the World. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
Bolton, B. 1998. Monophyly of the dacetonine tribe-group and its component tribes. Bulletin of the Natural History Museum (Entomology Series) 67: 65-78.
Bolton, B. 2003. Synopsis and Classification of Formicidae. 370 pp. Memoirs of the American Entomological Institute, Vol. 71. Gainesville, FL.
Hölldobler, B. and E. O. Wilson. 1990. The Ants. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
Wheeler, G. C. & Wheeler, J. 1976. Ant larvae: review and synthesis. Memoirs of the Entomological Society of Washington 74: 1-108.
About This Page
Page copyright © 2004
Page: Tree of Life Phalacromyrmecini. The TEXT of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License - Version 3.0. Note that images and other media featured on this page are each governed by their own license, and they may or may not be available for reuse. Click on an image or a media link to access the media data window, which provides the relevant licensing information. For the general terms and conditions of ToL material reuse and redistribution, please see the Tree of Life Copyright Policies.
- First online 22 March 2004
Citing this page:
Tree of Life Web Project. 2004. Phalacromyrmecini. Version 22 March 2004 (temporary). http://tolweb.org/Phalacromyrmecini/22432/2004.03.22 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/